Application Deadline: Saturday 15 April, 2021
Job Title/position: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Job Summary/Basic Function: Under the supervision and guidance of CEO, the Executive Assistant, handle all clerical works like typing reports, letters, memos, as well as opens and maintains the company files for records. Moreover, She/he is responsible for the execution of all administrative matters of the Office of the Executive Director. She/he also arranges & facilitates venues and logistics required for meetings and workshops organized by the company and conducts any other necessary office operations.
BA in Management, Secretarial Science and Office, Management or related fields from a recognized institution
Experience: 4/6 years of relevant experience on related position. Experience in ICT company is advantageous.
Additional Training: Customer handling training Certificate is an added value
Term of Employment: Permanent
Number required: 1
Duties & Responsibilities
- Takes minutes of meetings using shorthand and transcribes the major points raised in the discussion for a review by the participants of the meeting;
- Maintains properly corporate documents such as management minutes, board minutes, and agreements done between e tech and key stakeholders
- Passes personal and important mails/messages to his supervisor and deals with routine correspondence;
- Handle communications including answering and making calls, type and compose letters, memos, register and distribute incoming /outgoing correspondences, keeps complete & update important contacts.
- Plan & organize the clerical activities of the CEO’s office and carry out administrative functions as required.
- Receives and sorts out mails sent to the company and distributes these on time to other offices concerned; register incoming and outgoing letters.
- Ensures the proper management & safe custody of both soft & hard copy of important and confidential documents of the company.
- Receives letters, memos, messages and telephone calls and transfer to the respective office.
- Drafts and writes letters and memos and gives replies to general queries as instructed.
- Receive and handle visitors, provide appropriate information to inquiries and arrange facilitate (venues and logistics) required for meetings
- Welcome external customers, provides first-hand information to general queries & direct them to the office/department where they want.
- Arranges and records appointments of the CEO and reminds him/her timely of the appointments.
- Follows up pending items of the office and informs the situation of the matter.
- Oversee overall cleanness, sanitation and arrangement of offices representing the CEO.
- Perform other duties assigned to him /her by the CEO.
Competencies/ Personal attributes:
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- Honesty and dependability
- Ability to sit and work for long hours under pressure
- Ability to keep “to do” list and prioritizing activities as per its slack time.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of e tech’s critical information and hence, foster trust and respect.
- Being self-motivated and highly organized.
- Having strong belief on “customers are king” and willing to go extra mile to properly treat customers and leave them happy about the office
- Having strong team player skills and interest.
- Having good facilitation skills.
- Strong MS office and the ability to use new technology
- Knowledge of records management (both manual and computerized systems)
- Event management
- Scheduling and calendar management
Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
Desired Criteria (An Asset):
IT related training is advantageous