Application Deadline: Saturday 13 April, 2021
Job Title/position: Creative Designer
Job Summary/Basic Function: The Graphic Designer will be partially responsible for coordinating and creating all graphic art needs for eTech S.C clients related projects, and also to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of medias. This person will be the point person on the creation of all graphic needs for specific projects as dictated by the Marketing Manager to include video marketing, online marketing, social media marketing and email marketing.The ideal candidate has existing educational background in general marketing, graphic design skills and internship experience. Knowledge of the web content design is also highly valuable skills. Candidates should have basic graphics skills and a working familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily In Design, Photoshop and Premiere. Candidate will also be detail oriented, a self-starter, social media savvy, a creative thinker, a team player, and a strong communicator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven experience and expertise in graphic design, social media, email and online marketing. Collaborative personality who is a team player. Innovative and creative thinker to generate maximum exposure for the Tobin Center and its residents/clients beyond traditional means. Candidate must have graphic design skill utilizing Adobe Creative Suite.
Term of Employment: Permanent
Number required: 1
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creation of effective and efficient show-marketing graphic designs and participate in communications with client and liaisons, as appropriate.
- Participates to insure institutional and non-profit mission marketing objectives are
- met and integrated via shows, partners, venders and activities.
- Provides support for workshops, seminars, exhibitions, sales, development, educational,
- and/or training activities and projects as needed at the direction of the Chief Marketing Manager.
- Works on special projects, initiatives, promotions and other programs as needed at the
- direction of the Chief Marketing Manager and Chief Software Development.
- Assists in the collaboration and work provided by outside vendors, media outlets and marketing alliances.
- Assists Marketing department as a whole with other duties as assigned by the Marketing Manager and Press and Promotions Manager.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle
- Capability of reading specifications, word-press and other cmses design components.
- Assist in protecting the integrity of eTech S.C. brand and all uses. Communicate branding guidelines to promoters and clients.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of clients branding and marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for creative design and having a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite- primarily In-design, Photoshop and Premiere.
Competencies/ Personal attributes:
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Focus – Incumbent’s interaction with internal and external customers. Requires putting yourself in the customer’s place, anticipating and meeting needs quickly and accurately. It also means following up and monitoring situation to be sure the customer is satisfied.
- Representation of The Center – Contributes to and promotes a positive image of The Tobin throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Job Knowledge – Understands the duties, methods and procedures required by the job.
- Teamwork – Ability to interact and develop relationships with co-workers, give and receive constructive input, contribute ideas and viewpoints, adapt to changing circumstances and expectations and commitment to understand and remedy interpersonal conflicts.
- Communication – Commitment to employing and promoting effective written/verbal communication as well as attention to content and process, and positive communication with staff, vendors, patrons and external customers.
- Management of Resources – Ability to use time, money, technology and people as efficiently and effectively as possible. Makes suggestions to improve the resources that pertain to incumbent job responsibilities.
- Technical Knowledge – Individual’s ability to demonstrate the specific skills necessary to the position using procedures, tools and equipment necessary to accomplish work.
- Dependability & Time Management – Organizes work well and uses time effectively; attendance & punctuality fall within standards. Takes responsibility for actions and accepts responsibility for mistakes. Follows through on assignments despite setbacks; shifts priorities when necessary.
- Initiative – Level of interest in role development, degree of motivation, and willingness to improve performance and increase job knowledge.
Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic