The Accountant is responsible to carried out and record the daily financial transaction, make analysis and report to the finance manager.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check the authorized payment request, evidenced by eligible and completeness of supporting documents and arithmetic correction before preparing the cheque payment voucher;
- Prepare the Bank payment, VAT and Withhold tax vouchers and cheque and get signed by each Authorized body;
- Properly file all Payment and receipts with supporting documents in appropriate Box file and mark paid on each supporting documents by writing the payment voucher reference number and date;
- Collect and hand over the bank debit and credit advice, and monthly bank statements from/ to bank;
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements,
- Prepare Cash receipts voucher acknowledgment for all cash deposited into bank account as per the credit advice and assign account code;
- Maintain manual Cash registration Book for Local Bank account;
- Prepare monthly income tax , VAT and Withhold/TOT tax payment sheet and process, and deposit cheque to the concerned Government Ethiopian Customs and Revenue Authority before the stated due date;
- Check the adequate availability of each unused Accounts document and prepare a request for publication before the end of the minimum required quantity balance;
- Update the stock ledger card and reconcile with yearend physical inventory;
- File all Accounts document in Box file in sequential order and properly,
- Assist the Finance head in related to Budget and Disbursement activities;
- Perform other duties as required/ instructed and assigned by Finance
- Ensures that accurate and timely accounts are completed in accordance with company’s rule and regulation.
- Ensures safe custody of an adequate amount of petty cash float, to be issued in accordance with e tech’s policies and procedures.
- Assembles documents for data input in the accounting system, verifying project numbers/codes, resource numbers and total costs.
- Reviews payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices;
- Support the finance team working on different financial transactions or different projects.
- Ensures transactions of different projects are properly recorded, posted, coded and entered into the financial accounting system on timely basis as per the finance policy of the company.
- Prepares payment vouchers, journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Prepare and facilitate payroll preparation process and all related payments.
- Prepares check & CPO Payments & verify financial supporting documents and proforma documents.
- Prepares cash receipt invoices and filing properly in accordance with the project documents.
- Assist in the procurement process in the process & give financial feedback to the procurement committee in accordance with rules & regulations of the company’s policy.
- Performs any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
- BSC/BA Degree in Accounting,Accounting & Finance or other related fields
- 1 year of relevant experience on similar /related position
- IFRS and Peachtree Accounting Training Certificate
- Other Accounting application Software training certificate is advantageous
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Demonstrate commitment to the vision, mission, core values and goals of e tech.
- Having ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Being self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented
- Being flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Exhibit a desire to support a large number of people and units.
- Having desire and skill to work with other as a team.
- Having knowledge of IFRS and Peachtree Accounting system.
- Having strong MS office and the ability to use new technologies.
- Consistently demonstrating accuracy and preciseness.
Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
Desired Criteria (An Asset)
Understanding of Financial software like HACT system, Navision, SUN system, etc
Term of Employment: Permanent
What we will offer
Exciting work environment
Capacity building opportunities
Opportunity to work with highly skilled international experts, and be part of a team that provides high-quality services and products.
A Great professional career path towards excellence
How to Apply
Please compile all your credentials, experience letter, crucial documents in one PDF file and make sure to write “to Human Resource and Admin officer” on the subject line at your email, anyone who fails to follow the above directive will not be considered for the position.