Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Chief, Infrastructure and Communication, under the overall leadership of the Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for the overall leadership, management, and representation of eTech from Infrastructure, Hardware and Telecom Implementations and Support. S/he is responsible in leading and coordinating four divisions called System Engineering, Network & Security Engineering, Vender & Partners relation and Presales Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering and Communication Engineering Division in eTech. S/he is responsible in developing and implementing strategies aiming to improve the Infrastructure, Hardware, and Telecom technology to realize eTech’s mission and vision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops a strategic plan on Telecom, Infrastructure, Systems and Hardware to execute and achieve the objectives and provides quarterly updates to higher management and Marketing Team.
- Work with Business Development to determine commercial viability of products, resource requirements, and potential risks.
- Influence decisions that may have major impact on the organization’s sales, market share, and financial results. In addition, cross collaboration with Marketing when required to assist Telecom, Infrastructure, System and Hardware business growth from Sales to final execution.
- Consulting to develop, design, implement, and manage the various Infrastructure and telecommunications to support emerging Telecom, Infrastructure, and Hardware technologies.
- Develop, design, implement and manage the various Telecom, Infrastructure (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS and eTech Cloud) and Hardware (Customer Support with helpdesk on Computer Network, Server, Switch, Routers, and other hardware) technologies and data systems needed to support emerging technologies.
- Evaluates telecommunication, Infrastructure and Hardware technologies and determines strengths and weaknesses of technology architecture, implementation, and suitability; recommends solutions to ensure consistency with eTech vision.
- Manage different projects, plan, and execute all telecommunication, Infrastructure and Hardware system upgrades, uploads, backups and restores for all customers as well as eTech.
- Serve as technical lead/supervisor for all customers as well as eTech projects that represent the Telecom, Infrastructure and Hardware divisions with Project Coordinator project status meetings.
- Provide Customer Support with helpdesk on Computer Network, Server, Switch, Routers, and other hardware devices by addressing our customers on Tender level or Retail level activities.
- Provide administration, reporting and monitoring as well as recommendations based on the reporting statics to higher management to optimize resources and performance for the telecommunication, Infrastructure, and Hardware systems.
- Monitor and Maintain the Telecom, Infrastructure, and Hardware systems (hardware/software) for all customers as well as for eTech and ensure that it is functional and operational to minimize downtime.
- Manage, Coordinate, and Support client requests for moves, additions, and changes by establishing Telecom, Infrastructure and Hardware systems and integration.
- Develop Telecom, Infrastructure and Hardware solutions to meet the future needs of the client community as well as the eTech and Assist in the planning for future Telecom, Infrastructure (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and eTech cloud), and network growth.
- Provide consultative services for Telecom, Infrastructure, Hardware, and Networking support for client community as well as the eTech staffs.
- Work on Carrier Systems like Multiplexers, ATM Switches, Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) Nodes, Transmission Security (TRANSEC) and Management and Control (M&C) requirements.
- Work on Internet Protocol (IP)/Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Systems. This shall encompass Service Provider routers and components, to include but not limited to, Cisco and Juniper Service Provider routers and switches, Voice over IP (VoIP), Serial to IP (STI) or Circuit to Packet (CTP) edge devices, IP modems, and Ethernet encryption.
- Knowledge on IP network development; router and switch configurations; VoIP, Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Virtual Routing Forward (VRF) setup; serially interfacing routers or edge devices to carrier equipment; performing basic configurations using UNIX; and the integration of IP networks into the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Work on Transport Systems. This shall encompass the fiber optic multiplexers, encryption, and the connection of IP Routers and other Carrier Systems such as SONET into the global positioning system (GPS) and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Oversee and coordinate effective communications among customers and various business units to ensure accurate, consistent, and timely flow of information.
- Ensure availability and effective use of specialized Telecom, Infrastructure, Hardware equipment’s for sales and related activities.
- Provide technical direction, presentations, advice, and Support to client community as well as the eTech staffs to promote their technical and professional development.
- Contribute to the development of infrastructure platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
- Experience in the design, configuration, and deployment of secure Telecom, Infrastructure, and Hardware systems globally.
- Serves as technology expert center on delivering technological requirements Telecom, Infrastructure, and Hardware such as server, desktop, local service, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, data centers, mainframes, medium sized server configuration, cloud services and backup services to meet business needs.
- Apply knowledge of telecommunications, Infrastructure and Hardware technologies to identify and provide solutions for business needs. Work with various business groups to understand future/growth needs, translate these needs into requirements, and contribute to the growth of eTech by supporting solutions.
- Develop, document, and maintain configuration standards and operating procedures for telecommunications, Infrastructure and Hardware systems and network by developing solutions in highly scalable, highly available, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services.
- Develop eTech Cloud Architecture in creating cloud compute standards, identifying, and mitigating risks highly scalable, highly available, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) technology, and help drive solutions for the eTech as well as Customer of eTech.
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology on telecommunications, Infrastructure, and Hardware industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives of eTech.
What we will offer:
- Attractive salary.
- Exciting work environment.
- Capacity building opportunities.
- Opportunity to work with highly skilled international experts and be part of a team that provides high quality services and products.
- A great professional career path towards excellence.
- MSC/BSC, in Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Intelligent Systems, Internet Technology Management Information System, Business Informatics, Project Management and other ICT related backgrounds.
- 8 years’ experience out of which 4 years must be in infrastructure development. experience in developing and overseeing large centralized and globally distributed institutional systems is required.
- Experience in an engineering capacity (planning, design, implementation, and systems integration) running complex, highly available systems in an enterprise ready environment. experience with Configuration Management and Change Control processes and automation.
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Knowledge of a wide range of network systems with adequate skills for leading a team through the installation, maintenance, and operation of these systems.
- Knowledge of operations of commercial telecommunications services, voice and data communications networks, telephony switching, radio, satellite, microwave, and trunked radio communication systems.
- Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations to improve the delivery of telecommunications services.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps up to date of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Managing Performance: Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability, and decision-making authority.
- Makes sure that roles, responsibilities, and reporting lines are clear to each staff member.
- Accurately judges the amount of time and resources needed to accomplish a task and matches task to skills.
- Monitors progress against milestones and deadlines; Regularly discusses performance and provides feedback and coaching to staff; Encourages risk-taking and supports creativity and initiative.
- Actively supports the development and career aspirations of staff; Appraises performance fairly.
- Excellent management skills principles and people, as well as knowledge and ability to motivate personnel.
- Expert knowledge of industry best practices.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, manage resolution, and escalate issues appropriately.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Having strong team leader & interpersonal communication skills.
- Shows integrity, commitment, willingness, and push for high standards of work quality.
- Having proactive, flexible, and problem-solving skill.
- Being creative and strategic thinker.
- Having strong leadership skill.
Desirable Training and Certifications
- Project/ program management and leadership & top-level management related training.
- Professional Certifications Like CCNA, Security+, DEVNET, CCNP, CCIE, NSE4/5 and related.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Term of Employment: Permanent
What we will offer:
- Attractive salary.
- Exciting work environment.
- Capacity building opportunities.
- Opportunity to work with highly skilled international experts and be part of a team that provides high-quality services and products.
- A Great professional career path towards excellence.