JOb Summary/Basic Function:
The Deputy Chief Executive officer (DCEO) will be in charge of all company technology and technological products development. The DCEO will establish company technology vision, strategies, and plans for growth and supervise the Systems, Infrastructure, ICT R&D and quality production processes. The DCEO will focus on maintaining and improving all technological issues in the eTech.
Makes choices regarding programming languages, frameworks, and other tools to be used.
Responsible for coaching developers on technical matters, helping juniors get unstuck, including reviewing code and design.
Set standards and SOPs and enforcing them to enhance the performance of the team.
Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
Keeping up to date with industry trends and developments.
Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required.
Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- PhD/MSc/BSc, in Computer Science, Information Systems, or any ICT related disciplines or Management Information Systems, ICT Project Management having Pure ICT related backgrounds
Education and Experience:
- 6/8/10yrs experience out of which 3/4/5 years should be in managerial position(s).
- Experience in ICT Products and Services development environment or working in Hardware, Network, Software Development systems are advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in managing ICT Products and Services Projects and Supervision on quality product development from Hardware, Platform, Network, System Development, R&D and other ICT Products.
- Experience of developing ICT Products and Services strategies for all ICT Products and Services work units.
- Different ICT Certifications, Project/ program management and leadership & top level management related training.
Competencies/ Personal attributes:
- Skill of managing and/or directing within the Information Technology field including ICT Project Management
- Knowledge of strategic planning, development and execution
- Demonstrated experience in executive interaction and building personal and
- departmental credibility
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations to Manage ICT Projects
- Experience planning and assessing opportunities to address business needs withtechnology
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day–to–day management
- Excellent understanding of project management principles, including working knowledge of R&D and at least one other project delivery methodology
- Proven leadership ability to build a compelling vision
- Ability to set and manage priorities thoughtfully and well as with agility
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both executives and staff
- Exceptionally self–motivated, directed and decisive
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem–solving abilities
- Ability to manage 3rd party vendors
- Experience in a similar industry is an asset
- Public company experience is an asset
- Ability to solve challenging problems both individually and through team work.
- Ability to adapt fast-paced and changing environments, both internally and externally
- Having strong team leader & interpersonal communication skills.
- Show integrity, commitment, willingness, and push for high standards of work quality.
- Having proactive, flexible, and problem-solving skill
- Being creative and strategic thinker
- Having strong leadership skill
- Knowledge & experience of Program /Project Management, M&E, Budget Management.
- Deep technical knowledge of IT architecture
- Deep technical knowledge of information security
- Deep technical knowledge of data networks and systems
- Technical knowledge of Web and App Technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly in technical IT matters
- Provides technical expertise for programming and/or network applications as needed
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality. Ability to handle sensitive matters in a professional and discreet manner
- Strong project management, process improvement, or other applicable experience
- Ability to focus on the big picture while also digging into the details when necessary
- Develops high performing teams across the organization and focuses on accountability while maintaining high quality results
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of the local and global IT vendor network
- Ability to build relationships and communicate with the business and the ability to manage up and out within the organization
- Strong presentation and communication skills and the ability to communicate simply very technical concepts to audiences at all levels of the organization
- Ability to think creatively, conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a results-driven approach
- Ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment, and to manage multiple objectives under strict timelines
- Capable of problem analysis and resolution at a strategic and operational level
- Proven ability to lead, coordinate, manage and evaluate program performance
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
Desired Criteria (An Asset):
- Knowledge of Strategy and execution; develop and execute technology roadmap, identify technologies to enable growth, manage IT hardware asset base, business interface for application selection and maintenance, ensure compliance of financial systems, security plan for data backup and disaster recovery
Term of Employment: Permanent
Number required: 1 (one)