Job Summary/Basic Function
An Executive Secretary is a competent professional who supports high-ranking officials by organizing schedules, attending meetings, managing correspondence, and performing various administrative tasks. They possess excellent time-management and organizational skills, proficiency in office software, and a strong understanding of business administration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative assistance and secretarial services to the Executive Director.
- Takes and transcribes oral dictation and type complex correspondence, articles, reports and minutes on general, special and technical subjects with a very high degree of proficiency and accuracy.
- Sort mails delivered to the office; maintains control over incoming and outgoing correspondence and reviews them for the Executive Director’s signature.
- Screens visitors, clarifies issues whenever possible and schedules appointments always keeping in mind the workload of the Executive Director in any particular day.
- Arranges staff and higher-level meetings, gathers materials or minutes whenever required.
- Composes letters, correspondence, reports, etc of complex nature for review and approval by the Executive Director.
- Maintains files of correspondence and other materials often of a confidential nature.
- Directs incoming routine letters on own initiative to offices concerned for the necessary action and issues approved ones as required.
- Locates and extracts information and materials from files and conducts follow up on pending items.
- Answers and screens telephone calls directed to the Executive Director, take messages and refer callers to the Executive Director or other appropriate staff.
- Studies, initiates and recommends ways of improving working methods and efficiency.
- Public relation (PR) experience and skill is a plus.
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Proven communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong computer skill – database management.
- Excellent organizational and planning skill.
- Proficiency in English language is essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Science & Office Management, Management or other related field of study
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience in office administration
Term of Employment: Permanent
Number required: 1 (one)
What we will offer
- Attractive salary.
- Exciting work environment.
- Capacity building opportunities.
- Opportunity to work with highly skilled international experts, and be part of a team that provides high-quality services and products.
- A Great professional career path towards excellence.