Education and experience
- At least 3 years of experience developing web and desktop GIS applications
- Third level or master’s degree in computer science, Geographical Information Systemsor equivalent
- Experience developing GIS solutions using Visual Basic, ASP.NET (or other oo
- languages) and mapping SDKs including experience in using Visual Studio.
- 5+ years’ experience in GIS & spatial analysis.
GIS Developer / Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Create GIS Software Applications, Web Applications and geoprocessing tools.
- Understand client needs and work accordingly.
- Plan and implement GIS projects in accordance with project scope, including budgeting, scheduling, risk analysis,
- resource allocation and provide solutions.
- Maintain the database with a focus on SQL queries and maintenance queries.
- Create spatial data from scratch or by adapting existing data sets.
- Retrieve, process, clean, and analyze data from various sources.
- Provide maintenance for GIS Applications and web-based applications.
- Ability to work autonomously while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written, analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with Postgres Spatial.
- Strong knowledge of GIS tools especially FME, QGIS.
- Strong written and communication tools
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced development schedule.
Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic