Under the supervision of the Chief of corporate support, the Finance Manager is responsible for managing and leading all financial matters of the company. The Manager is expected to play a key role in ensuring all financial transaction to be in line with the country’s law and the company’s rules and procedures.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans, organizes, leads, coordinates, and supervises the activities of the department.
2. Prepare periodic reports and budgets concerning the activities of the department and share for respective bodies for information and further action as required.
3. Prepare/Updates the company’s financial manuals in accordance to changes in legislation or regulations that may affect the company’s business operation,
4. With the approval of CEO or DCEO, she/he opens& operates bank accounts of the company.
5. Develops good working relationships with key financial stakeholders such as bankers, auditors and tax authorities for the benefit of the company,
6. Prepares the annual financial plan of the company and oversees for its proper implementation of the plan.
7. Formulates and proposes financial strategies to be used in the long-term financial plans for the company,
8. Monitors and supervises the company’s financial condition through the proper implementation of accounting systems,
9. Provides an interpretation of financial information and determine the position of the company by analyzing the performance of competitors
10. Advise the procurement manager during the acquisition of capital equipments,
11. Assists management in the evaluation of new investments, if needed,
12. Identifies fund raising mechanisms and consult concerned body about the profitable investment area by calculating IRR
13. Establishes and maintains proper Accounting Information Systems in order for other departments to get information of their requirements,
14. Managing fund utilization (Reviewing, Approving, effecting payment) according to budget
15. Prepares and submits financial report to internal and external stakeholders(CEO, Board, shareholder, Government)
16. Facilitate external audit services, at the end of each fiscal year, in order to get opinion on fair presentation of company’s financial position.
17. Provide technical assistance to other departments to strengthen their financial management awareness and to ensure their compliance with established rules.
18. Manages the organization’s cash flow in order to ensure availability of optimum cash,
19. Works with internal and external auditors to facilitate their functions,
20. Trains and develops staff of the department,
21. Reviews cost reduction opportunities open to the company and propose for its implementation,
22. Ensures treasury activities are in compliance with treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls,
23. Prepares and submit periodic performance reports of the department,
24. Monitors and controls the overall internal work process of the company and actively works for its continuous improvement.
25. Perform other duties assigned to him /her by the immediate supervisor.
- MA/MSC/MBA/BA in Accounting/finance/accounting and finance or related field
- 7/9yrs of related experience out of which at least 2 years as finance manager
- IFRS or ACCA Training Certificate
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Demonstrate commitment to the vision, mission, core values, aims and principles of e tech.
- Time management and Attention to detail,
- Knowledge of the company’s internal policies and procedures and
- Good understanding of international accounting systems, concepts, standards, and principles
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect
- Being self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented
- Being flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Having strong desire and skills to work with other as a team
- Having dependable research skill
- International accounting related certificate like ACCA
Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
Term of Employment: Permanent
What we will offer
Exciting work environment
Capacity building opportunities
Opportunity to work with highly skilled international experts, and be part of a team that provides high-quality services and products.
A Great professional career path towards excellence
How to Apply
Please compile all your credentials, experience letter, crucial documents in one PDF file and make sure to write ” Senior Sales Officer” on the subject line at your email, anyone who fails to follow the above directive will not be considered for the position. please apply by using the email: