Plan, organize, and manage infrastructure staff and/or consultants to ensure the stable and secure operation of the eTech’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting,
and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and cloud systems. The Infrastructure Manager will also manage end-user
customer service and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Directs and coordinates cloud, network and hardware systems and staff of the
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of the ICT strategy, plans and policies as a member of the ICT team.
2. Design and implement short and long term plans to ensure ICT infrastructure meets existing and future capacity and capability requirements.
3. Develop, implement, manage and maintain the ICT infrastructure including server and network configuration, security, accessibility, connectivity, and backup.
4. Maintain Hardware Asset Register detailing ICT equipment used by the Group, and identify, analyze and manage associated information risks.
5. Develop procedures and associated implementation, testing and training plans for infrastructure administration, security and data management.
6. Ensure compliance with internal and external information security requirements (i.e.Information Security Policy and Cyber Essentials Plus), maintain awareness of latest cybersecurity threats and implement security measures to minimize risk to information assets.
7. Ensure ICT systems are secure and resilient, carrying out proactive maintenance (e.g.patching) and ensuring processes and configurations are clearly documented.
8. Ensure that the ICT Service Desk operates efficiently and effectively, providing technical support when necessary.
9. Ensure that business continuity measures are implemented and kept up to date, including disaster recovery plans for critical systems and telephony.
10. Lead the technical aspects of ICT projects, providing technical expertise and support for non-ICT projects and changes where appropriate.
11. Ensure that ICT service desk team’s knowledge is kept up to date
12. Promote cyber security awareness among computer users.
13. Prepare business cases and project documents for ICT infrastructure projects
14. Identify and take actions to manage ICT related risks.
15. Maintain effective relationships with suppliers to secure best value for ICT goods and services, and to encourage innovative ideas to be adopted.
16. Use data to identify trends and common issues, and take appropriate actions to prevent or reduce the impact of issues.
17. Provide regular verbal and written reports to management on ICT service levels, planned maintenance, issues and data.
18. Develops models in Cloud Computing, competitive awareness of Infrastructure-as-aService(IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service(PaaS) providers, and elements of Software-as-aService(SaaS)
19. Define and execute the cloud product strategy for core infrastructure services and evangelize that vision within the organization
20. Develop a high quality project plan and lead project execution to reach defined targets
21. Collaborate with software & hardware development teams to ensure impediments to throughput are systematically eliminated
22. Contribute to and direct cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects including release and change management procedures, reporting and coordination of
23. Directly leading the building and running of a best automated infrastructure platform for the development, running and continuity of the company’s future e-Commerce and other
online/mobile customer-facing operations, using Develops principles, global deployment, and more than one of cloud-provided IaaS, private virtualized resources, and dedicated
24. Managing the existing team that builds and administers the in-house servers (e.g. Exchange, a little MS-based legacy, office SANs and NASs), desktop (OSX, Windows, iPads) and office and store LANs, WANs and WLANs.
25. Building, operating and managing a server deployment across multiple clouds and hosting providers, and across deployments around the global, including selecting, contracting and
managing the supplier / hosting providers involved in each and integrating their services and operations
26. Ensuring scalability, performance and resilience of the platform, including adequate backups, disaster recovery etc, and ensuring the processes to respond to and resolve to incidents are defined and resourced 24×7 given the nature of a global eCommerce platform
27. Managing infrastructure and platform projects to build new capabilities, or remediate existing ones
28. Leading collaboration with the development teams, project management, IT service and support teams and other to support their activities, respond to their needs and respond to incidents
29. Perform other duties assigned to him /her by the immediate supervisor.
- MSC/BSC, in Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Intelligent Systems,
InternetTechnology Management Information System, Business Informatics, Project Management and other ICT related backgrounds.
- 6/8years experience out of which 3/4 years should be in IT infrastructure and IT Manager, experience in a technical management team environment, and technical management role with line management responsibility for staff, experience in IT project management, experience in managing IT Infrastructure service for companies with employee over expected number of users.
- Project/ program management and leadership & top level management related training
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Provide a point of escalation of staff, customers and internal teams with the area of accountability
- Provide leadership to the support team by demonstrating good technical knowledge and management capabilities, and by maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Ensures technical knowledge and learning related to operation and management of infrastructure services is effectively passed between members of the infrastructure team
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to demonstrate management through change, both organizationally and technically
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services
- Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and risk exposure
- Having proactive, flexible and problem-solving skill.
- Being creative and strategic thinker.
- Having strong leadership skill.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, covering all areas of the company’s infrastructure
- Knowledge of MS Server / Clients OS and MS Office
- Very good knowledge in conception and operating of Network Infrastructure (LAN/WAN/WLAN)
- Knowledge of Business Process Models, especially Logistics / Supply Chain Management
- Broad functional knowledge in defining technology requirements
- Excellent knowledge of infrastructure operations covering networks, data centers, servers, storage systems and databases, security and cloud technologies
- Advanced knowledge of designing, supporting, and configuring IT infrastructure
- Strong knowledge and experience in all aspects of IP networking and security infrastructure
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange in heterogeneous environments
- Basic knowledge in databases and desktop technologies is preferred
- Experience with support of IT Infrastructure and to be able to help isolate and troubleshoot complex problems and failures
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP based Network such as knowledge of CCNA or CISCO network devices & routers is preferred
Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
Term of Employment: Permanent
Desired Criteria (An Asset)
- Knowledge of MS Project software
What we will offer
Exciting work environment
Capacity building opportunities
Opportunity to work with highly skilled international experts, and be part of a team that provides high-quality services and products.
A Great professional career path towards excellence
How to Apply
Please compile all your credentials, experience letter, crucial documents in one PDF file and make sure to write “to Human Resource and Admin officer” on the subject line at your email, anyone who fails to follow the above directive will not be considered for the position.