Job Summary/Basic Function
The Presales Engineer role is a broad one. First, presales engineers are the software experts; they learn the product suite inside and out, from architecture to implementation. As such, they have a wide range of responsibilities with the opportunity to work with a wide range of people. They could be brought onto a sales call to answer technical questions, asked to give a webinar, brought to a user group to chat with customers, or consulted in designing solutions for a customer’s business needs. To meet these challenges, an ideal candidate is someone well rounded and driven to find the best solution. Problem-solving skills are necessary, as are written and oral communication skills. A presales engineer should be approachable and happy to lend a hand. This is a challenging and diverse role, but a presales engineer will never be bored and will always be learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Speak with potential customers to learn about their business process needs
- Build a solution using our tools to solve their business needs and help their processes run more efficiently
- Present the solution to the customer and answer any technical questions
- Communicate the solution such that people who are non-technical or unfamiliar with the software can fully comprehend it
- Break down technical details into information that’s useful and tailored to the training audience
- Help develop new training curriculum
- Conduct training both in person and via the web
- Work with the sales team on new opportunities
- Provide technical consulting via email, conference calls, and presentations
- Write clear, concise answers to technical questions for proposals
Requirements and skills
- Ability to learn and understand software, hardware, networking, and database concepts
- Experience with scripting, Javascipt, CSS, or programming is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to provide both written and verbal explanation of complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences; experience in teaching or tutoring is a plus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skill
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a STEM field(Science, Technology, engineering, Mathematics)
- At least 3 above years of experience in Pre-Sales Engineering, Solutions Engineering, Consulting, IT Architecture, Build Engineering, DevOps, or a combination of these, either selling to, or working in, enterprise environments. .
Term of Employment: Permanent
Number required; one
What we will offer
- Attractive salary
- Exciting work environment
- Capacity building opportunities
- Opportunity to work with highly skilled international experts, and be part of a team that provides high-quality services and products.
- A Great professional career path towards excellence.