What we expect:
As an IT sales professional, you’ll usually work with commercial clients, finding the right technological hardware and software products to suit their business needs.
In pre-sales, this may involve demonstrating features of a particular product. It may also mean responding to a pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) and then, if short listed, replying to a more detailed information to tender (ITT) document.
Once the sale of the product or service is completed, ongoing support is usually provided which may include technical help, such as solving faults or problems and advising on appropriate user training.
- Speak to customers, either face to face or over the phone
- Gain an understanding of customers’ diverse and specific business needs and apply product knowledge to meet them
- Ensure quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers’ systems and processes, and then documenting them
- Carry out cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings
- Identify and develop new business through networking and follow-up courtesy calls
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations of software to customers
- Market and promote a portfolio of products by writing and designing sales literature and attending industry events
- Maintain awareness and keep abreast of constantly changing software and hardware systems and peripherals (e.g. keyboard and mouse)
- Develop effective sales plans using sales methodology
- Provide technical advice to customers on all aspects of the installation and use of computer systems and networks, both before and after the sale
- Advise on software features and how they can be applied to assist in a variety of contexts such as accounting, manufacturing or other specialist areas
- Meet sales targets set by managers and contribute to team targets
- Network with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional products and upgrades
- Handle hardware or software problems and faults, referring on to specialist technical colleagues where appropriate
- Respond to tender documents, proposals, reports and supporting literature
- Manage workload in order to organize and prioritize daily and weekly goals
- Contribute to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues
This area of work is open to all graduates, but a degree or HND in one of the following subjects may be particularly useful:
- Business information systems or technology
- Business management
- Computer science, software engineering or computer engineering
- A good level of technical understanding, with enthusiasm for new technology and its commercial uses
- Self-motivation and a competitive, results-driven attitude
- Passion, dedication and focus
- Stamina, resilience and the ability to work well under pressure
- Confident presentation skills and a professional telephone manner
- Time-management skills and the ability to priorities your workload
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Articulate, persuasive and influential verbal communication skills
- A strong team spirits
- Business awareness
- An up-to-date working knowledge of the industry
- Driving license is a plus.
Experience of a customer service or sales environment is important with demonstrated evidence of exceeding sales targets and the ability to build successful customer relationships.
Experience: Fresh graduate and sales or marketing is a plus.
Fluency in spoken and written English.
Number required: 2
What we will offer
Exciting work environment
Capacity building opportunities
Opportunity to work with highly skilled international experts, and be part of a team that provides high-quality services and products.
A Great professional career path towards excellence